Following on from the failure this week of Thomas Cook, tour operators have responded to the extra demand across the UK by adding thousands of seats and holidays to Winter Sun destinations in the Canary Islands, Balearic Islands, Turkey, Greece, Cyprus, Malta and Spain
Over 170,000 departing seats between October and March from across the UK have now been released, with a major focus on October and the school holidays – and these are on sale now!
There are now over 65,000 additional departing seats from Manchester, almost 40,000 additional departing seats from Birmingham, over 20,000 additional departing seats from Glasgow and 15,000 additional departing seats from Newcastle. There are also thousands of extra seats on sale from Belfast International, Edinburgh, East Midlands and London Stansted.
The extra capacity includes:
• Over 100,000 additional seats now on sale departing to the Canary Islands between October and March with the UK’s leading operator to the Canaries. This includes over 50,000 additional seats to Tenerife and almost 40,000 additional seats to Lanzarote as well as more flying to Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura.
• Almost 30,000 additional seats to Turkey thanks to additional flying to Antalya and Dalaman, with a major focus on October and the school holidays.
• Additional flights to several destinations in Greece, including Corfu, Crete (Heraklion), Kos and Rhodes – meaning 5,000 additional departing seats to Greece this Winter.
• Over 10,000 additional departing seats on sale to the Balearic Islands – Palma (Majorca), Menorca and Ibiza.
• More seats on sale to Cyprus, with extra capacity to Larnaca and Paphos.
• Extra Winter Sun capacity to Malta and Reus (Costa Dorada).
This week has been a very tricky time for travellers with unprecedented demand for holidays due to Thomas Cook’s failure so this news gives a huge boost for those people looking to get away this Winter.
For more information please contact Conexo Travel today and we will be delighted to assist you.